Candle care for the best (and safest burn)
Ever wonder why:
- Your candle flame is really tall
- Your candle flame emits black smoke
- Your candle vessel turns black and sooty
- Soot falls from the candle wick into the wax
- Your wick has a huge mushroom top after burning
- Your wax seems to be burning really fast
- Your wax turned a light brown color
All of these problems (and more) can be solved by trimming your candle wicks before relighting.
Basic candle care for your best candle experience, burn time and safety:
- Trim your wicks to 1/8"-1/4" from the wax each time before relighting your candle
- Trim your candle wick each 4 hours of burn time (that means if you plan on burning it for long periods of time, extinguish the candle (ideally with a wick dipper or wick snuffer to reduce soot), let the candle cool completely, trim the wick and relight).
- Trimming your candle before each use will also give your candle the best burn time to enjoy your candle.
- A trimmed wick will give you a nice, even candle flame.
Why can't I just blow the candle out?:
- Extinguish your candle using a wick dipper or candle snuffer to reduce the amount of smoke, soot and potential hazard of blowing hot wax everywhere.